Job Title: Camp Counselor
Reports To: Youth Program Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: January, 13 2012
SUMMARY: Lead camp group for members’ and guests’ children to ensure a quality experience for the family.
- Provide platinum service while maintaining a clean and safe environment for members, guests, and staff
- Know and embrace the mission statement and platinum service basics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Greet children and parents warmly
- Communicate with parents regarding their child at drop-off and pick-up and address any concerns
- Assist with bathroom monitoring, meals, and snacks
- Plan age-appropriate activities for the children (1st-3rd graders)
- Complete opening and closing duties to ensure a clean and safe work area
- Play games with children, supervise activities, and monitor the interactions between children
- Discipline using verbal redirection, physical removal, and time out as appropriate
- Assist with cleaning and disinfecting the camp areas and equipment
- Exhibit proper phone etiquette and personal interactions to meet Club standards
- Support the contract staff and professional staff from other departments when they are providing lessons
- Complete any other task contributing to the success of the Youth and Aquatics Department
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
At least 1 year of college and six months to one year related experience or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Child and Infant CPR, preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for lengthy periods of time and walk. The employee is regularly required to lift children and must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs unassisted. Employee is regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee is also required to stand and reach with hands and arms and regularly use hands and fingers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
Electronic kitchen equipment
Infant and child equipment
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT:
It is Club policy not to hire any employee under the age of 16.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications
We will review your application and give careful consideration to your qualifications. We will contact you if we need further information or if we would like to arrange an interview. Due to the large number of responses we receive, we will not be able to provide the status of your application after submission.