|Title:||Golf Operations Intern|
|Location:||Westhampton and James River Clubhouses|
Summary: Provide quality service to members and guests while maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Provide platinum service to members, guests, and coworkers
- Ensure a clean and safe environment
- Know and embrace the mission statement
- Know and embrace the platinum service basics
- Operate Foretees tee time system and assist in training new staff.
- Operate POS computer system.
- Assist members with shop purchases.
- Assist with processing purchase order and invoices; receiving and pricing merchandise; and coordinating special sales and promotions.
- Assist with displays and maintaining the appearance of golf shops.
- Assist with monthly inventory and spot checks throughout the month.
- Inform members and guests of golf programs and activities.
- Assist with junior golf programs and women’s golf clinics.
- Assist with tournament operations as directed by Professional staff.
- Assist with the registration and charges for golf tournaments.
- Assist Professional Staff and outside staff with daily golf operations as needed.
- Provide assistance with computer handicap program.
Education and Experience:
- Must be in the process of receiving Golf Management degree from an accredited college or university
- Must be in the process of becoming a registered PGA apprentice
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
Employee is required to regularly stand and walk
Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
Employee is required to stand for lengthy periods of time
Employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
Employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers
Employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms
Employee is regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Must be at least 18 years old to drive motor vehicles (16 with valid license for carts)
Minimum Age Requirement:
It is Club policy not to hire any employee under the age of 16
Must be at least 18 years old in order to serve alcohol
Must be at least 21 years old in order to tend bar (includes all Banquets serving staff)